On Your Own
Borrowed image from the book “A Rock is my Home.” Why are New England walls not like this? Block Island comes closest. Does this give you a clue?
To get started, I recommend linking to the:
- Primer if you’re a novice,
- Movie if you don’t feel like reading any more,
- Books if you like to read,
- Resources if you’re looking for something specific,
- Public Programs if you’d like to attend an event.
Where is this from? These “painted desert” colored stones indicate it’s from New England’s Jurassic Rift Basin, which runs from New Haven, CT to Deerfield, MA