- Local community groups, generally historical societies, land trusts, environmental non-profits, friends-of (libraries, parks, museums) organizations, and garden clubs. Owing to excess demand, he generally accepts those that are either co-sponsored with several groups, or those that are annual meetings.
- Regional, state, and national meetings of educators, conservation agencies or historical societies, typically those searching for a keynote lecture for a meeting.
- Schools and Parent-teacher organizations in support of schools, typically for a content talk on some aspect of the New England landscape involving stone walls.
- Book groups and writers groups interested in the creative process of writing and speaking.
- Academic seminars and colloquia at the college level.